New here

ShawneeAlice

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Hello everyone. I've been lurking on this forum for some time and now that I am finally bringing my baby home, I thought it pertinent to join. I have kept a huge variety of animals over the years, but I am 100% new to tortoises. I have never ventured into tortoises until now, despite wanting to for a long time. I knew that the tortoise would be my biggest commitment as far as animals go, because of their long life span, so I wanted to really make sure I was ready for one. And I am, finally :)

I've purchased an eastern Hermann's, but he hasn't been shipped yet, so I am preparing everything I need. It's cold right now, so I am making a home for him out of a cement mixing tub, probably. I liked the ones I saw on this forum. Anyways, I look forward to interacting with everyone on this forum

ShawneeAlice

Florida
Haha thank you for the warm welcome everyone!! I am trying my hardest to be patient waiting for him to ship! Tomorrow I am going out to get the cement mixing tub and build his new home, I have the rest of my supplies being delivered tomorrow from amazon. I plan on using a coco fiber based substrate, a mercury vapor bulb that has the UVB and heat in the same bulb, those terra cotta dishes for his food and water, hides, and I'm still wondering about the decoration. Perhaps some live plants. I'm so excited for him to get here. And I keep saying him but I won't know his sex until he's older since he's not coming straight from a breeder that temp sexed. I will definitely post pictures when he arrives for everyone to see <3

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Haha thank you for the warm welcome everyone!! I am trying my hardest to be patient waiting for him to ship! Tomorrow I am going out to get the cement mixing tub and build his new home, I have the rest of my supplies being delivered tomorrow from amazon. I plan on using a coco fiber based substrate, a mercury vapor bulb that has the UVB and heat in the same bulb, those terra cotta dishes for his food and water, hides, and I'm still wondering about the decoration. Perhaps some live plants. I'm so excited for him to get here. And I keep saying him but I won't know his sex until he's older since he's not coming straight from a breeder that temp sexed. I will definitely post pictures when he arrives for everyone to see <3
I look forward to the photos.
I use spider plants.