new here

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambam

5 Year Member
Hey guys/gals I'm new here and to the world of tortoises, I'm looking forward to getting my first one very soon and have come here looking for ideas and advice on well just about everything. For my first tortoise I believe I'm going to get a marginated tortoise, but this too is open to discussion if you experienced owners have better suggestions. I look forward to learning as much as possible from everyone here. :tort:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Give us a little more info and we can give you some ideas on species that may be better suited to your location, room, temps, etc.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome to the forum. I think redfoot, russian, and hermann tortoises are great as someone new to tortoises. They also have great personalities.

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
wellington said:
Hello and Welcome:). Give us a little more info and we can give you some ideas on species that may be better suited to your location, room, temps, etc.

agreed with wellington, these details will help us establish what species will fit you best and make your first tortoise an enjoyable time.

bambam

5 Year Member
I'm living in Northern Virginia right now but will be moving to eastern North Carolina in the spring. Once I get there I will have room for a outdoor enclosure. Right now I'm going to be using an indoor enclosure, possibly a zoo med tortoise house although I saw a picture of a plastic tub that someone had used and grew plants in the enclosure as well, I liked the idea not sure if it was large enough or not. Initially the space is limited but in a few months the space will become much larger. The temps around here are typical mid atlantic the winters are around 20 to 30 degrees and the summers are in the 80 to 100 range with the humidity being similar. The temps in North Carolina will be similar with the exception of the nights there they tend to drop a little cooler in the summer due to the ocean breeze. If there is more info I can give you guys please let me know. I want to make sure I do this right for the sake of the lil fella. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.