New Herman’s Tortoise enclosure

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Yeah, i think you can easily remove some of the objects in there, It really takes away from the available crawling about space.

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
Yeah, i think you can easily remove some of the objects in there, It really takes away from the available crawling about space.
All that stuff is one Huge hide, in a few weeks I’m getting something bigger. Herman’s also like climbing so I thought why not make a “terrain”

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
My Hermann climb alot, however the broken clay saucer looks sharp. Maybe get a piece of sandpaper and sand the edges for now. Just in case, my opinion. He is cute

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
My Hermann climb alot, however the broken clay saucer looks sharp. Maybe get a piece of sandpaper and sand the edges for now. Just in case, my opinion. He is cute
Yeah I’ll take care of that. But I’m having a Crap tons of problems to get her to eat. She will not eat no thing I feed her. She only eats the Hibiscus flowers. Most likely she won’t make it.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Try to mush up some soaked mazuri with chopped greens. I would mix it up . Hide a tiny piece of the flower towards the top. And put a larger piece towards the bottom of the mix. Then they eat their way thru to the flower and get a taste of other foods. I put a small amount of food down, then when it is mostly eaten put more. This is how I got my new to me, Miss Dexter Persimmons, to eat other foods. My opinion.

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
Try to mush up some soaked mazuri with chopped greens. I would mix it up . Hide a tiny piece of the flower towards the top. And put a larger piece towards the bottom of the mix. Then they eat their way thru to the flower and get a taste of other foods. I put a small amount of food down, then when it is mostly eaten put more. This is how I got my new to me, Miss Dexter Persimmons, to eat other foods. My opinion.
i also thought this method would work. it didnt

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I only used 1 mazuri nugget. What did you try

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Maybe stuff other food inside if the flower, like an egg roll

Minority2

Tortoise Hell
All that stuff is one Huge hide, in a few weeks I’m getting something bigger. Herman’s also like climbing so I thought why not make a “terrain”

When it comes to climbable decorations you should make sure that the items are much wider than the tortoise and that it is stable enough to prevent toppling over. You want something big enough to where it'll still be wide enough for them when they reach their max size. Something as simple as a improperly placed ramp and or unprotected ledge can mean death for a young tortoise if they were to spend hours upside down from falling over due to their sluggish turning/general movement.

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
The Mazuri was a good idea. Always good to soak and feed for some extra hydration. Also good back up. I like to keep in the house during hurricane season, etc.
My Sheldon, a cherry head loves it.

Zoeclare

Uk
I was going to say some bits in there look really sharp!

Reactions: Ink