New Herman Tort Questions and Advice

Sarahtort

Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
hello everyone!

I just got a Herman tortoise on Sunday (2 days ago) and since I have brought him home he has not eaten and is very inactive. I don’t know if this is normal for a new tort.
Do they need time to adjust?
I have tried feeding all types of greens on the list .
He also keeps burrowing under his bedding. I currently have a 50 gal tank with eco coconut . He has a hiding space , a small piece of granite, water bowl. I have been leaving the uv light and basking light on all day usually 10 am-10 pm and then turning on just the red light at night. It is winter here in Boston but my house is around 64 degrees F.
He seems like all he’s doing is sleeping..

Location (City and/or State)
Washington
hello everyone!

I just got a Herman tortoise on Sunday (2 days ago) and since I have brought him home he has not eaten and is very inactive. I don’t know if this is normal for a new tort.
Do they need time to adjust?
I have tried feeding all types of greens on the list .
He also keeps burrowing under his bedding. I currently have a 50 gal tank with eco coconut . He has a hiding space , a small piece of granite, water bowl. I have been leaving the uv light and basking light on all day usually 10 am-10 pm and then turning on just the red light at night. It is winter here in Boston but my house is around 64 degrees F.
He seems like all he’s doing is sleeping..
Red light for night is bad hes probably awake at night and sleeps during day
U should get a ceramic bulb without light