New Home for Tankie Guppie

George Bevan Jr

Location (City and/or State)
NEW MEADOWS
Several weeks ago I posted re-homing for our 4 and 1/2 yr old Sulcatas -- Tankie and Guppie. When no adoptions materialized, we drove them to a rescue org in Twin Falls, Idaho, about 4 and 1/2 hours away -- the Southern Idaho Reptile Rescue -- who gladly took them in. It was heart wrenching to say our goodbyes to our dear torts, but they're doing well where they are in temporary quarters, awaiting build out of space for a zoo/habitat in Twin Falls. The director has been very open and receptive receptive to providing us with updates and pictures in their new living quarters. We are planning a visit in the weeks ahead. We're very appreciative for the Director of the Rescue providing a new home for them. Re-homing of sulcatas is not easy as it turned out. Everyone on this Forum knows how lovable tortoises are and how attached we become to them. I had no idea. The feeling of failure set in immediately as we drove away from the Rescue without them. Many tears that day and since then. They went from daily baths and glistening shells, to a more realistic existence...see the attached picture. Thank you to all of you who took an interest in them. -- GB

Attachments

• IMG_4555(1).jpg
    IMG_4555(1).jpg
    126 KB · Views: 2

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hey, George. . . I'm so sorry you had to let them go. I know how awful you must be feeling. Hopefully this turns out to be a good move for the tortoises.

George Bevan Jr

NEW MEADOWS
Hey, George. . . I'm so sorry you had to let them go. I know how awful you must be feeling. Hopefully this turns out to be a good move for the tortoises.
Thanks Yvonne for your message, I feel terrible about it, I sure hope they'll be OK and stay together. They're best of friends.....George