New home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Sparkles got a new home yesterday. Any questions, comments, suggestions welcome.

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

She's never done this before, but while I was taking photos she decided to snuggle down in the substrate.(Orchard Grass)
IMG_0159.jpg

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Well Melissa, I think Sparkles likes her new home.
In the top pic what is the blue thingy at the bottom of the pic?

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thats an old Pampers wipe container. :) I turned it upside down and cut a hole in it. Makes a good hide.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Looks good, I have a few of those cages that I use. I have a 4 footer that my Hermanns male lives in indoors. Looks great! Keep up the good work.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Looks great - I think she is quite content all comfy in there!

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I think she's happy too. I hope so. She was actually a little more active today. Out and about, checking it out. She has lots of room to roam. I also bought a Flukers digital therm/hygrometer. The one I had was one of the cheap ones. Does anyone know how accurate these are?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I think they are fairly accurate. That is the one I have in my incubator and in my enclosures. Seems to be doing it's job so far. Eggs are fertile and going good.

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Sweet , I used rabbit hutches like that too. They are perfect! Is the blue hide a humid hide? Would be perfect dry hide in the hay and humid hide in the container.

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
It is perfect! I have two cats and one is very interested in my tort. I wanted to make sure I had something she would have more room and would be safe from the curious cat. The blue hide is a humid hide. The other hide is half a coconut hut I found in the hermit crab section. She loves that thing. She just fits through the opening. I put a little sponge in the blue hide for her and she goes from one hide to the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.