New horsefield owner

joe.2708

Hi. I'm Joe from UK.

Today I received my very first tortoise - a 4 year old horsefield/russian.

I'm looking forward to sharing any tips and tricks to give my little fella the best long life possible :)

Shakudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Netherlands
Welcome, I am a new Russian keeper myself, you can read up, and you will learn so much here!
Have fun!

Take care,

Joey

becky_tortoise

I also so have a Russian tortoise they are very active! To keep them healthy keep them clean by washing them quite often also make sure there is no place that your tortoise can climb up and get away as Russians are very good at doing that !!!!! Good luck !!!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Joe welcome to the TFO from AZ, USA yes Russians a great little torts . So when do we get Picts of your torts and teir enclosures

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello and welcome frm Kent, UK. With reference to my posting name... Joe is my tortoise and not my son :)

Your Russian needs a diet of leafy greens. He cannot digest sugars properly, so sweet stuff like fruit, tomatoes, peppers and carrots needs to be fed vry occasionally and very sparingly, if at all.

Look up what is good to feed on the Tortoise Table Plant Database http://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/site/plant_database_14.asp

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Joe, and welcome to the Forum!