New Horsfield Tort Set Up :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California

Dan Tennick

Very cool....just remember that this species is especially good climbers; so I would pay special attention to putting plants too bunched together near the walls and such....:)

Thank you :) just finished putting up a new UVB tube to fit the length of the table! It looks awesome in there now!

Yes, I know lol.. He's still small so he can't reach the top yet so he's ok for now but I will be moving all plants away from the sides when needed :)

RogueAngel

Chesterfield, uk
Wow that looks amazing, It gives me an idea on what to do for my little one I'm new to all this I get my little man in a week and I'm so excited he's also a horsefield so if you have any tips I'd be grateful

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That looks great, but, like Angela, I worry that he'll use the plants in the corners as ladders. Also, get yourself a temperature point and shoot gun so you can check the temperatures all over the floor of the habitat. The dome fixture seems a bit too high to me.

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Is that a live cactus? I'd replace it with something he could eat or at least shelter under, rather than taking up space with something so prickly. Spider plant would be good.

Dan Tennick

Wow that looks amazing, It gives me an idea on what to do for my little one I'm new to all this I get my little man in a week and I'm so excited he's also a horsefield so if you have any tips I'd be grateful

Thank you :) Awwhh cool! I hope he's well and settling in OK. Mine took a while to settle in but now, he literally thinks the house is one big play-area :) lol