New Impostors of the Site

tank_and_gammy

Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas, United States
Hello all, I am new to the site!

I am kidding with the impostors thing really. The only thing is I do not really own tortoises, I own 2 turtles - a 3 toed box turtle and a baby red eared slider.
I guess that would make me an impostor being that I am on a site for tortoises when I own turtles.

I was introduced to the site because of a tortoise account I follow on Instagram who mentioned the site in a post, and I felt intrigued enough to get an account.

I am a high school student on the verge of graduation (May 15 ;)).
I am already enrolled in a college and plan to make a good future of myself after college!

I have owned a turtle for a little over a year now. I got Tank (a 3-toed box turtle) last year from a friend, who didn't at all have the proper ways to care for the little girl :(

I just recently got Gamera (red eared slider) as a rescue. The poor guy was dehydrated and calcium deficient, so I am doing my best to bring him (I am calling Gamera a "he", as he is too small as of now to try and determine gender) to health.

I hop my presence on this site is appreciated none the less, even if I do not really own a tortoise :D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello and welcome.

We have tortoises, turtles, sliders and all sorts on here. We don't mind - especially if we get pictures. We like pictures :)

tank_and_gammy

Arkansas, United States
Hello and welcome.

We have tortoises, turtles, sliders and all sorts on here. We don't mind - especially if we get pictures. We like pictures :)

I do intend to post pictures soon (I have a Tumblr and Instagram for them, so I take many of them!)
I am just really wanting to make sure I am okay to do so seeing how my shelled buddies aren't tortoises :oops:
But now I kind of have the idea that it is okay now :D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I do intend to post pictures soon (I have a Tumblr and Instagram for them, so I take many of them!)
I am just really wanting to make sure I am okay to do so seeing how my shelled buddies aren't tortoises :oops:
But now I kind of have the idea that it is okay now :D
Glance through the forums - we have species specific forums for advice on the care of box turtles and sliders among many others... and one for photos too :)

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Welcome to the forum. We love all shelled friends, and not shelled as well.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Quite a few of us also keep turtles. You're going to fit right in.

tank_and_gammy

Arkansas, United States
Glance through the forums - we have species specific forums for advice on the care of box turtles and sliders among many others... and one for photos too :)
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Quite a few of us also keep turtles. You're going to fit right in.
Welcome to the forum. We love all shelled friends, and not shelled as well.

Goody :D That makes me feel a bit better about being in here.

I will certainly get around to sharing photos of my shelled friends when I get time :)

Sara G.

Long Island, New York
Welcome! I have 2 RES and a tortoise so I know how you feel. But everyone is pretty fantastic here with their advice. I'm sure you'll love it here!
And yes pics please! I love seeing baby sliders.

Sara G.

Long Island, New York
Any photos of yours too by chance? .3.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1462296336.737858.jpg
As it turns out I don't have many pics of them on my phone. And my gals aren't really babies anymore. They're about 6 years old and in desperate need of a new tank. But I plan on giving them a pond this time next year.
This one is Scooter.
The other is Olive but I don't have a pic of her. I'll see if I can find one.

tank_and_gammy

Arkansas, United States
View attachment 172285
As it turns out I don't have many pics of them on my phone. And my gals aren't really babies anymore. They're about 6 years old and in desperate need of a new tank. But I plan on giving them a pond this time next year.
This one is Scooter.
The other is Olive but I don't have a pic of her. I'll see if I can find one.

I went "aweee" when i looked at that photo X3
I am such a softie for turtles
Maybe one day Gamera will grow up to look like that
Who knows

tank_and_gammy

Arkansas, United States