New indoor enclosure

Salspi

Location (City and/or State)
Chicago
I think it’s a cool idea. I would run 2x4’s along the bottom floor of the crib. Just in case it rips through that plastic and falls to the floor..... unless the crib already has that feature.

Maggy

5 Year Member
Salt Lake City, Utah
I put a piece of plywood down at the bottom to make sure it didn't fall otherwise it definitely would have

daniellenc

Maryland
Super smart idea!! How will you cover it to trap heat and humidity?

Salspi

Chicago
I put a piece of plywood down at the bottom to make sure it didn't fall otherwise it definitely would have

Sorry, what I mean is around the sides. Can it rip through the plastic liner and then fall to the floor? Or is there a barrier there?

Maggy

5 Year Member
Salt Lake City, Utah
Sorry, what I mean is around the sides. Can it rip through the plastic liner and then fall to the floor? Or is there a barrier there?
Oh no it's a very strong tarp that I have around the sides so it won't rip through

Maggy

5 Year Member
Salt Lake City, Utah
Super smart idea!! How will you cover it to trap heat and humidity?
It all stays pretty warm since its summer where I live. I used to have a thing over his old cage that kept in the humidity but since moving the overall temp is around 75f and basking around 90f and the humidity stays up in the 70-75 range all by itself