New Indoor Enclosure

Brad and Alena

5 Year Member
Hello,

I am in progress of finishing up our new enclosure. I am ordering the glass sliders tomorrow.

I am looking for some advise in regards to lining the bottom of the enclosure. I would like to do a row of trays that are easy to remove and that I can have different substrates and some grass and plants. The would be about 8 trays running the length of the enclosure. This will make for easy cleaning. I will also have a liner under the trays to protect the wood even though it is already coated.

My question is would there be any concern with the plastic trays being harmful? They will be big open plan term style black plastic trays.

Thanks again for any help!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Sounds like your plan will work fine to me. The only thing I would worry about would be any gaps between trays. This sounds like a fantastic idea. I would love to see pics and get measurements and details on this. For instance, where did you get the trays?

Brad and Alena

5 Year Member
I haven't purchased the trays yet. I found some on Amazon that will work perfect. This is my enclosure, it is 8' by 20" deep and 20" high.

As for the potential gaps, I can build up substrate to eliminate that issue.

Attachments

• 1396484937277.jpg
    1396484937277.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 87