1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! The 2018 Tortoise Forum Calendar is here! Click here to pre-order! Proceeds go directly to keeping TFO online and FREE for all to use! Thank you for your support!

NEW Jump Start thermo NOT connecting to my ReptiTherm Habitat Heater

Discussion in 'Tortoise Enclosures' started by Dave S., May 17, 2017.

1. Dave S.

Dave S. New Member

Hey Forum.
    My new Jump Start Digital thermostat is NOT connecting to my ReptiTherm Habitat Heater pad-18"x18"(Red light on heater not lighting up). Both turn on if plugged in individual outlets but that's defeating the purpose.
    The Heater is a 2 prong plug and the Thermostat is a 3 prong. Buying an adapter know to see if that's it. Think this may be the culprit?
    Suggestions?
    Attached screenshots of the products.
    Thanks All!
    -DS Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 12.51.10 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 12.51.35 PM.png
  2. jaizei

jaizei Unknown Member Moderator 5 Year Member

(These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    That shouldn't be a problem.

So the heater works when plugged into a different outlet; have you tried plugging something else into the thermostat as a load or otherwise tested the output of the thermostat?
  3. Dave S.

Dave S. New Member

Thanks for the suggestion jaizei. After plugging in a few other heating pads with the same results, have come to the conclusion that this thermometer is broken at the plug-in/output area(?). Sending back to eBay seller...
  4. ethan508

ethan508 Member

I tested mine by plugging a lamp into the heat outlet. Then I could 'see' if when it was working.