New k.erosa

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
Settled down quite well. 1.2, 2 just under 25cm SCL, one about 15cm SCL. All have eaten, and while shy, don't seem too stressed.

They're a bit blurred due to them being taken on my phone, but hope you enjoy!

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Congrats!
From where do you get them?
Hopefully I can get some from Ghana in the next time too..

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Yes please. But it isn't Christoph or?

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Man he should tell me if he get some.. Ok I'll write him.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
I'm pretty certain two pairs of the adults(he had 3.4 adults) at least have already gone at Doncaster, so you'll have to be quick. He also had some sub-adults.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
No I don't want sub adult. Whatever maybe I can import some by myself. Also you never know in which quantity Christoph animals are. Normally everything is ok but his erosa are every time tricky. A guy who lives 30km away from (kinixys man) bought 7 erosas from him all died after some mouths. I bother a sub pair man died too...
Could you say what he is asking for?

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Ok that's 280€. To much I think for an adult erosa. Are they wc? Do you know how long they're in captivity?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Beautiful specimen. Congrats.......

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Yes I know prices rises massively at the moment. Best example are C. gutatta. Price before ca. 3 years per hatchling was between 60-80€. Today between 120-130. I saw them actually for 160€.
But you see the prices for kinixys rises actually. Because of that I hope I can import them by my self maybe 10 erosa and 10 homeana. The cool thing is that if you import them in the Swiss you can import adult homes.
But we'll see what happen.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yes I know prices rises massively at the moment. Best example are C. gutatta. Price before ca. 3 years per hatchling was between 60-80€. Today between 120-130. I saw them actually for 160€.
But you see the prices for kinixys rises actually. Because of that I hope I can import them by my self maybe 10 erosa and 10 homeana. The cool thing is that if you import them in the Swiss you can import adult homes.
But we'll see what happen.
Good luck on importing them in yourself. It's a big risk. Just make sure you have a broker. Ghana has been very tough to get things out of. I know of many exports/importers here that have been trying there hardest to bring in erosa for the past 6-7 years. Homeana has been ok but will be shut down. IUCN is starting to regulate those species heavily now in Ghana,Senegal, and Benin. Not only is over collection an issue, but there consumption and taboo for religious belief of these species has lighted them very rapidly.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Good luck on importing them in yourself. It's a big risk. Just make sure you have a broker. Ghana has been very tough to get things out of. I know of many exports/importers here that have been trying there hardest to bring in erosa for the past 6-7 years. Homeana has been ok but will be shut down. IUCN is starting to regulate those species heavily now in Ghana,Senegal, and Benin. Not only is over collection an issue, but there consumption and taboo for religious belief of these species has lighted them very rapidly.

Yes we'll see. Nothing is sure. I've got a friend who has many contacts in west Africa he lived there for some years. He is a "softshell man" so he got a list from Ghana with some softshells and he sees that kinixys stay also there. So he called me and now we will look what is possible. Normally he gets adult erosas out of there.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yes we'll see. Nothing is sure. I've got a friend who has many contacts in west Africa he lived there for some years. He is a "softshell man" so he got a list from Ghana with some softshells and he sees that kinixys stay also there. So he called me and now we will look what is possible. Normally he gets adult erosas out of there.
Awesome. That's a good contact. Good luck. Hope you get some. These will certainly be gone one day.