New Leo in the stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoisefanatic

5 Year Member
Here are some pics of my new leo obtained from Tom. He/she is a slow grower (only about 170 g for an 18 month old), but not as slow as my other leo (less than 90 g for a juvenile several years old!). They are both enjoying some sun on a recent day in our front yard inside our "Port-A-tort" transportable frame.

Alan

NewGPP001.jpg

NewGPP003.jpg

NewGPP005.jpg

NewGPP007.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Very nice... both the tortoise and the enclosure.

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
Congrats on the new little one...she is beautiful. I love the portable enclosure as well

matt581

5 Year Member
Jackson MI
Looks good i need to make something like that for this summer:p

tortoisefanatic

5 Year Member
matt581 said:

The "Port-A-Tort" is 5' by 5', constructed of 2"x8" dimensional lumber. There are "hatches" on each "side," to allow easy loading and unloading. The wheels just clear the ground when the frame is resting on the ground. This allows the frame to be easily moved (rolled) back inside my garage at the end of the day. The frame rests on the two blocks on the bottom, which are slightly longer than the wheels but positioned on the "top" side of the bottom board so that when the frame is moved they do not touch the ground. As the frame is positioned straight up, the blocks contact the ground and provide a stable surface for the frame to sit on without rolling around.

The two hatches feature latches to keep unwanted animals out. The whole thing weighs about 60 to 70 pounds, which should keep out most, if not all, of the stray animals that might wander into my yard. However, it is pretty easy to move around as need be. In this manner, I can give the torts some sun and grass, without any worries!

Alan

matt581

5 Year Member
Jackson MI
tortoisefanatic said:
matt581 said:

The "Port-A-Tort" is 5' by 5', constructed of 2"x8" dimensional lumber. There are "hatches" on each "side," to allow easy loading and unloading. The wheels just clear the ground when the frame is resting on the ground. This allows the frame to be easily moved (rolled) back inside my garage at the end of the day. The frame rests on the two blocks on the bottom, which are slightly longer than the wheels but positioned on the "top" side of the bottom board so that when the frame is moved they do not touch the ground. As the frame is positioned straight up, the blocks contact the ground and provide a stable surface for the frame to sit on without rolling around.

The two hatches feature latches to keep unwanted animals out. The whole thing weighs about 60 to 70 pounds, which should keep out most, if not all, of the stray animals that might wander into my yard. However, it is pretty easy to move around as need be. In this manner, I can give the torts some sun and grass, without any worries!

Alan

Thanks ya i watch them now there fast and all 3 go diffrent ways lol. in a few weeks ill be doing this:)

Status
Not open for further replies.