New Leo Owner

Nsav

Location (City and/or State)
Robbinsville NJ
Hi All, after getting really good advice from you all earlier, I have decided to swap out my modified zoomed tortoise table (with plexiglass cover with holes cut out for lights to try and keep in humidity/heat) for a Animal Plastics 72L x 30W x 18H closed enclosure. It’ll take 4-6 months but definitely worth the wait. They will install light sockets for a floodlight and a ceramic heat emitter. But I need to get a UVB tube light.

Can anyone make a recommendation as to what brand of UVB tube light, fixture and its length so i can secure it to the inside ceiling of the enclosure?

Many thanks in advance for your sage advice.

Nsav

Location (City and/or State)
Robbinsville NJ
Hi All, have encountered some new growth on baby Desmond. When I got him at 2 months, he was 46.7g. Now he’s 5 months old at 90g, eating Mazuri with collard greens, mustard greens, escarole and/or spring mix (minus the baby spinach). Heeding your advice, I’ve gotten a digital thermometer which also measures humidity (now at 80% since I soak the substrate instead of misting) and a temperature gun, I’ve swapped out the repti basking light for a regular floodlight, and I’ve swapped out the reptisun 10.0 uvb mini compact (vertical U-shaped bulb) for a T5 HO 10.0 UVB horizontal tube light. Next up is an Animal Plastics sealed enclosure, which will be better than the tortoise table with plexiglass cover with cut outs for my lamps. Thanks for all your help. This site is a treasure trove of helpful information. Desmond seems to be thriving to these changes. Here’s some now and then photos.

Attachments

• IMG_1194.jpeg
    IMG_1194.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1192.jpeg
    IMG_1192.jpeg
    203.2 KB · Views: 2