New Leopard Tortoise Owner, need advice on diet.

Mayne

Hello,
I have just recently acquired a leopard tortoise (hatchling), I was curious as to what others are feeding theirs. The previous owner had him eating just dry pellets and kale. I would like to give him a healthy variety appropriate for a hatchling. Any suggestions would be great!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) Please read Toms threads below for keeping your leopard healthy and smooth. The sulcata threads will also apply. Then visit this site after reading Toms threads for safe edible items http://m.thetortoisetable.org.uk/m/tortoise_home_1.asp

For grocery greens and other foods for now, hibiscus, rose if Sharon, dandelion, clover, mulberry leaves only, grasses, Mazuri tortoise diet, mustard greens, kale, bok choy, endive, spring mix with no or little spinach, optunia cactus pads, thorns removed, butter lettuce, red lettuce, radish greens, that should get you started. A wide varsity is need, not just one or two items, as many as possibly, but the best is the food not found in the grocery stores if you can.