New lil Lenny came to us two days ago

redryer

He was at a pet store and I couldn't let anyone just pick him up. So we got him home and have found out he's pretty active after his soaking. He will run around awhile before I put him in his home to get fed (Some pellets on bottom and cut up carrots and lettuce. ). He's up and active oh for about an hour total and when he gets tired he will sleep anywhere but prefers a corner in his house. Lenny is about 3inches.. So I'd say he's a few months old. He does sleep most the day. I'm just looking for some tips .

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Also if you give us pictures of his enclosure we can give you any ideas we may have. also check out the species specific section and that will give you ideas also.

redryer

Well- were at my mothers at the moment so he's in a travel size tote. Buuut will get pictures up tomorrow

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Okay, check out The sulcata section. At the top there is a care sheet. That will give you all the information you need. Basically your little tortoise is going to need heat and humidity. and a nice varied diet.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. Congrats to your new torts. You will soon to know this is a great place to learn and share. Welcome to the forum.

Robertchrisroph

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Ukiah Ca.
Hello and welcome. Little Lenny should not be traveling to grandmas. Lol. He needs heat and humidity and a schedule. Please read toms care sheet. Little Lenny will be large Lenny soon. Lol welcome and ask questions. Member a cold and wet tort will be a sick tort

redryer

I agree with toms care sheet. However, it had a chance of snow... So I took precaution and decided to bring Linny with us. It has snowed about 4-5 inches. So luckily I can feed him and make sure he gets soaked right.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
The "hissing" sound is just the air being expelled from his lungs as he pulls his legs in. It's NOT like a cat or a snake hissing as a threat.:p