New Little Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Picked up the small Sulcata from ukk9 this afternoon, it’s about 4 inches and weighs 354 grams. UKK9 Posted on TortoiseForum.org / Species Specific / Sulcata Central / Help looking for home for Sulcata.
He said, he didn’t know much about it other than it seemed to have a good appetite. It was in a 10 gal. tank with rabbit pellets and a Brussels sprout. The little squirt was quite dirty. But I must tell you all, I applaud Dave and his wife who rescued him, they did everything they thought was right for the little squirt. He even asked me if he did the right thing by putting him on rabbit pellets:)
I don’t think "Squirt" enjoyed the car ride. Pood everywhere.
I had to soak him, when I got him home, so I could clean him up. He didn’t know what to do. He looked terrified and would only walk backwards. So I dried him off and put him in the kiddy pool with a nice warm light, Critter country substrate, some water and some escarole which he did eat some of. But now I will leave him alone and let him rest, he has had such a stressful day. In a few days I will check him over really well and I will post pics then. Right now we both need rest. Oh, and I don't know if he is really a he yet.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Congrats to you! Can't wait to see!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Squirt has some pyramiding as you can tell. He is quite scared of being handled and squirts urine and poo each time he is picked up. His Poo was pretty runny but for the first time today he had a nice firm movement. Yeh! He has a good appetite even ate a little of his hay.
I will be changing his substrate soon as it doesn't give him the traction I had hoped.

Squirts new temp. home.
DSCF1336a.jpg

A little Christmas treat :rolleyes:
DSCF1340a.jpg

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Ah- so cute! Glad he found you! When mine were little they pee pee'd every time you picked them up. Not any more now though.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
What a wonderful face. Looks like he liked his Christmas dinner.:D

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Thanks guys. He does have a sweet face but I doubt I will keep him. They just get soooo big. I'm not sure I'm ready for one that large. I rent. But we’ll see. I am giving it a couple of months to make up my mind.

Jacqui, I must confess it was a little bribe he was shying away from his food. Been fed who knows what but did come with a Brussels sprout. So after I saw how he munched the raspberry I crunch one up over his salad and now he eats with little problems at all and no raspberrys.

Status
Not open for further replies.