New member- Alex & Littlefoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex_freedie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Coast of England
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum and looking forward to learning lots about everyones lovely tortoises :) my little one (at the moment!!!) :p is a Sulcata called Littlefoot! I've had him 4 days now and he is settling in nicely, I could watch him for hours and hours! As soon as I've learnt how to navigate the forum I'll post some piccys!

I'm from the South Coast of England incase you wonder where I live!

Love Alex (and Littlefoot)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and WELCOME.:D. If you would like to describe your set up until you can post pics, we can give you advice on how to tweak it, if needed. In the mean time, be sure to read the threads at the bottom of my post. They will help you with raising a smooth, happy, healthy sulcata.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Alex:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

alex_freedie

5 Year Member
South Coast of England
Thank you for the warm welcome :) At the moment Littlefoot is in a 4ft by 2ft glass tortoise table with orchard bark lining the bottom. I have a clamp lamp with reflector with a UVB emitting solar glow bulb which is over on one side in his basking area. I have thermometers so I know that his basking spot, warm area, and colder area are all at correct temps :) he has an artificial reptile plant (he likes to bask under that) and I have a sunken water dish he can easily get in and out of, and a reptile hide that he likes to sleep under. I also put in a wooden mini fence to give some shade in the cooler side. So far I've given him 2 soaks, which he's not very keen on lol, and am feeding him ready grass and some dandelion leaves. I have set out an area in my garden and am trying to grow him some more dandelion and other weeds but it's a slow process! I have a calcium substrate which I have sprinkled on his food once so far, and I have also put a cuttlefish in his table, as I read on the Internet this was good for them. Any help or tips on my set up would be great :) thank you everyone! x

alex_freedie

5 Year Member
South Coast of England
RE: New member- Alex & Littlefoot

My Littlefoot :) hopefully if piccies work!

Attachments

• image-2304998964.png
    image-2304998964.png
    632 KB · Views: 4
  • image-3047278986.png
    image-3047278986.png
    617.8 KB · Views: 4

Sulcataman

5 Year Member

Welcome. Just make sure you monitor the heat inside that glass tank. I would look into a wooden enclosure if you can. They are much easier to regulate the different temps around the enclosure.

alex_freedie

5 Year Member
South Coast of England

Thank you, its not like an aquarium it's got low sides, monitoring temps has been easy so far :) and levels have been great, so I don't have any worries but will keep an eye on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.