New member and mom of Rosey from Utah

shrrywood

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saint George, Utah
I have been monitoring your forum for 2 years so not totally new. I am currently working on new habitats both inside and out. I have a little russian named Rosey. I want to give her the best life possible and that is why I am here. I am quiet, watcher/reader type of person and don't comment much as I am a newbie in this field. I joined so I could see the bigger pictures. I am a nurse and have a strong heart that loves and cares for and encourages the well being of all living things. My heart broke over the story of "Garretina" and the pictures of inadequate care. I inherited the joy of a tortoise when my youngest went to college and couldn't take her turtle and so I filled in. And now I am hooked. I admire the advice from all of you and your responses to all questions. So of those who are very experienced, you responses and guidelines go so much further than just those that respond and include watchers/readers with such a great benefit. Thank you!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). So glad you decided to join in. We are very friendly people here, that just once in a while have small disagreements, only due to our own passions of tortoises.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
You may not comment much, but what a lovely intro.
And a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and Rosey, though you've been around for a long time.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, you're very welcome, and thank you for the kind words. Welcome to the Forum. Glad you've finally decided to make yourself heard. And when you get a chance, I'd love to view Rosie's beautiful self!!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1435981427.585448.jpg
Thank you for the nice words . We all would love to see Picts of your pet and its enclosure . Have a great tort day !

shrrywood

5 Year Member
Saint George, Utah
Hello View attachment 137259
Thank you for the nice words . We all would love to see Picts of your pet and its enclosure . Have a great tort day !
I will. We made great progress today on the outside enclosure. The current one is a kiddie pool and only a temp. We are doing the outside first due to season and then will be doing inside. Pictures to come soon!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome to the forum. This is THE place to learn and share! ! ! ! !

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I will. We made great progress today on the outside enclosure. The current one is a kiddie pool and only a temp. We are doing the outside first due to season and then will be doing inside. Pictures to come soon!
I'll be waiting to see the Picts !

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi!!! *waves* I look forward to seeing the pictures. So glad you have become an active member in here.

shrrywood

5 Year Member
Saint George, Utah
Well, you're very welcome, and thank you for the kind words. Welcome to the Forum. Glad you've finally decided to make yourself heard. And when you get a chance, I'd love to view Rosie's beautiful self!!
Happy

Attachments

• WIN_20150707_114614 (2).JPG
    WIN_20150707_114614 (2).JPG
    1,021.6 KB · Views: 5

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Welcome to you and Rosey. There's a lot to learn and as I'm sure you've already seen this is the best place to do just that.
Looking forward to getting to know you both.