New Member asking for Help!

Heidianne

Location (City and/or State)
Portland
Hi All! I’ve got an almost four year old Sulcata, Atty. she’s got a 2x6 enclosure and free roam of the house during the cooler months. She’s got basking, UVB, and CHE. I feed grassland and orchard grass pellets with greens, arugula, red leaf, cactus pads, dandelion greens, radicchio, and the occasional zucchini. She gets 30 minute soaks 9 days out of 10. She’s eating, pooping and her urates are magnificent.
For the past week she’s been making the strangest sound and I finally got it recorded. What could this be? HELP!

Attachments

• 99D07670-E0DA-4AD7-AEB4-C3A597EC022F.jpeg
    99D07670-E0DA-4AD7-AEB4-C3A597EC022F.jpeg
    326.4 KB · Views: 17

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm unable to hear anything. But I'll go out on a limb and mention that most noises from breathing that start up out of nowhere are associated with respiratory infections.

AgataP

Seattle, WA
urates - are magnificent?
My tortoise doesn’t make these. Made it three days in a row month after I got him and now not even a one white dot - ah yeah well hydrated baby I got thanks to @Tom and all the posts.

What is the temperature that you are keeping your tortoise in?
Can’t hear the sound it’s only an image.

Possibly upload to YouTube and link it ?

Heidianne

Portland
urates - are magnificent?
My tortoise doesn’t make these. Made it three days in a row month after I got him and now not even a one white dot - ah yeah well hydrated baby I got thanks to @Tom and all the posts.

What is the temperature that you are keeping your tortoise in?
Can’t hear the sound it’s only an image.

Possibly upload to YouTube and link it ?

Here’s the YouTube link....https://youtu.be/dGjvsX4j2x0

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Tortoises should not roam the floors of your house, very had and very bad things can happen like get sick because it's too cold on the floor. They can pick up dust, hair, and who knows what else.
Also a 2x6 enclosure is too small for that old of a sully.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I hear noises but it's hard to tell if the louder noises are hers. If you could get a video of her when she does it that would be great. Post it to YouTube like you did on this.

What I heard kind of sounds like she's trying to get something out of her throat? We need to see what her body does when this happens.

AgataP

Seattle, WA
I did listen to the video sound however as @KarenSoCal pointed out it Is very hard to distinguish which sound are you talking about.
If it’s the “cough like” sound it really does sound like your tortoise is trying to clear his throat and spit something out...

Is he indoor, outdoor, both ... what substrate so you use?
Could you post any images of the tortoise, enclosure etc.
Very hard to give any advice with the minimal information you provided.

Disclaimer:
I am not a professional, I am just here to share my knowledge and help when I can.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Couldn't hear the sound, but tortoises make noise of pain when straining to expel a stone or constipation.