New member but not sure if I'm in the right place!

Lyndi

Location (City and/or State)
Darwen, Lancashire
Hello, all, from Lancashire in England. I don't actually have a tortoise, I have two little turtles which I recently 'rescued' - I work at a primary school and they were the school 'pets'. I have been trying to research as much info as I can via YouTube, Google and forums like these. I came across the link to this forum on the ATP site - their forum doesn't seem to be in use any more. However, this site seems to be for tortoises, so can any of you recommend a good site to join/use that provides clear pictures and information about Mud and Musk turtles? I can't make my mind up whether Ziggy and Bailey are Mud, or Musk! Just when I think they are definitely Mud Turtles I see another photo of a Musk that also looks similar to them! I didn't realise just how many different breeds and types of turtle there are out there! Any info you can give me will be very much appreciated. ?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

We have a section just for turtles about half way down on the main page. Right under South East Asian Tortoises.

Lyndi

Darwen, Lancashire
Hello and welcome.

We have a section just for turtles about half way down on the main page. Right under South East Asian Tortoises.
? Thank-you - I have just seen it! I shall go and investigate. Thank-you for your speedy response, btw! ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome! We have many turtle-keeping members here.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Welcome, If you post pictures someone can ID them for you.

Sue Ann

chapin , South Carolina
Hello, all, from Lancashire in England. I don't actually have a tortoise, I have two little turtles which I recently 'rescued' - I work at a primary school and they were the school 'pets'. I have been trying to research as much info as I can via YouTube, Google and forums like these. I came across the link to this forum on the ATP site - their forum doesn't seem to be in use any more. However, this site seems to be for tortoises, so can any of you recommend a good site to join/use that provides clear pictures and information about Mud and Musk turtles? I can't make my mind up whether Ziggy and Bailey are Mud, or Musk! Just when I think they are definitely Mud Turtles I see another photo of a Musk that also looks similar to them! I didn't realise just how many different breeds and types of turtle there are out there! Any info you can give me will be very much appreciated. ?
Yvonne can help you