New member from Mojave Desert

teachertort

Hi, My name is Kim and I live in the Mojave Desert. I have kept tortoises for more than 30 years. I currently have 5 tortoises of 3 different species and am expecting 2 eggs to hatch in the next month! I have a 9 year old African Sulcata that I got when he was 2 weeks old, a 20 year old Desert tortoise, a 10 month old desert tortoise, a male and female Russian tortoise breeding pair that are about 12 years old and they have 2 eggs from their first clutch getting ready to hatch. I look forward to sharing tips and pics with other tortoise folks. We are a unique breed of people, but we have some cool pets!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Kim welcome to the TFO from AZ . Also . So when do we get to see Picts ? Have a great tort day !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Kim!

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. Good to have you here.

So looking forward to see that 20 years old DT. Thank you for sharing it with us.

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Florida
I used to live in the mojave! I miss it more and more every day. Welcome!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi, My name is Kim and I live in the Mojave Desert. I have kept tortoises for more than 30 years. I currently have 5 tortoises of 3 different species and am expecting 2 eggs to hatch in the next month! I have a 9 year old African Sulcata that I got when he was 2 weeks old, a 20 year old Desert tortoise, a 10 month old desert tortoise, a male and female Russian tortoise breeding pair that are about 12 years old and they have 2 eggs from their first clutch getting ready to hatch. I look forward to sharing tips and pics with other tortoise folks. We are a unique breed of people, but we have some cool pets!

Hi Kim! Welcome to the forum. My daughter's name is Kim too. Wow, you've got some experience behind you. You'll be a great asset to the forum. I've got three sullies myself. Two of them I've had since they were a month old, and one I got as a rescue from Az. She was 3 years old and only weighing 4 ounces. Today, a year and a half later, she's 20 lbs. She had MBD, but has overcome it. Still has some trouble with her backbone formation, and I have to hand feed her everyday. She's my pride and joy.

teachertort

I'm the proud grandma of 3 new baby russian tortoises. My female laid eggs for the first time and all three hatched. 2 in an incubator and one out in her pen that I didn't know she had laid until I saw the broken shell.:D The are sooooo cute. As soon as I figure out how, I'll post pics.