New Member Greeting From Upstate NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ems1016

5 Year Member
Just wanted to sell hello and introduce myself. I am a 57 year old attorney from Upstate NY who owns not a single tortoise (yet)! I am a poison dart frog keeper and have always been fascinated with tortoises and turtles. My brother and I always had turtles as pets when we were children. Mom and Dad would buy literally "painted" turtles from the local Woolworths.

I want to buy a small tortoise that doesn't burrow and I can keep pretty much indoors; at least during our cold NY winters. Thought joining this site would be the best place to start and learn.

Look forward to meeting you!
Eddie

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
Welcome Eddie! I'm in Saratoga county. Right now I have three Steppe (russian) tortoises and on Monday I'm picking up a baby dalmation Hermanns from Gary, who is in the Catskill mountain region. Where about in upstate NY are you, If you don't mind me asking?

MichiLove

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Orleans
Welcome! Everyone is really nice here and will try and help you the best they can!

ems1016

5 Year Member
First, thank you all for the warm welcome.

Laurie, I live near Utica.

Eddie

Laurie said:
Welcome Eddie! I'm in Saratoga county. Right now I have three Steppe (russian) tortoises and on Monday I'm picking up a baby dalmation Hermanns from Gary, who is in the Catskill mountain region. Where about in upstate NY are you, If you don't mind me asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.