New member here needs to give up his Tortoise

Richard Kleiman

Greetings members: We are new members for a very sad reason. We need to give up our 25 year old male dessert tortoise. We have had him since he was just weeks old. We got him from my brother who had a pair while living in Indio, CA. Our Tortoise is licensed or registered, what ever you call it, with the California Fish & Game. Our Tortoise has never been out our yard so his chance of getting or passing on any disease is low.

If someone on this forum could provide us with the procedure to give up our Tortoise we would be grateful. He is presently sleeping and we would like to relocate him before he wakes up so as not to cause him the stress of a trip.

We live in Merced which is central California and are willing to travel anywhere to give him a good home. I will check this forum for answers but would appreciate receiving an email from someone with a solution to our problem here. Thank you. Richard Kleiman, [email protected]

Richard Kleiman

Greetings members: We are new members for a very sad reason. We need to give up our 25 year old male dessert tortoise. We have had him since he was just weeks old. We got him from my brother who had a pair while living in Indio, CA. Our Tortoise is licensed or registered, what ever you call it, with the California Fish & Game. Our Tortoise has never been out our yard so his chance of getting or passing on any disease is low.

If someone on this forum could provide us with the procedure to give up our Tortoise we would be grateful. He is presently sleeping and we would like to relocate him before he wakes up so as not to cause him the stress of a trip.

We live in Merced which is central California and are willing to travel anywhere to give him a good home. I will check this forum for answers but would appreciate receiving an email from someone with a solution to our problem here. Thank you. Richard Kleiman, [email protected]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I've sent you an email with the names of a couple folks/clubs/rescues in NorCal who can take your tortoise.