New member looking to adopt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desertwalker777

5 Year Member
Hello everyone,
I'm really excited to find this forum. I'm looking for a Russian Tortoise. My family and I have wanted one for a long time and I'm on the search. I work at a very large Wildlife Rehabilitation & Education center here in Oregon. So, of course I"d be more interested in adopting one rather than seeking out a breeder. I'm not opposed to the idea of a reputable breeder but like most creatures on this planet I'm sure there are some Russian Tortoises out there that need to be adopted. I'm new to the Tortoise world as I mainly work with birds of prey and large mammals.I have researched and have knowledge of them but have not owned one (we do have some resident Tortoises at our facility). I'm pretty sure that people have a lot of romantic idea's about Tortoises and get them without actually taking into consideration their lifespan and the fact that they are not cuddly super active pets like a puppy or kitten and eventually grow tired or bored with them and get rid of them :( I was wondering if anyone knew of a Tortoise rescue or anyone needing to find a home for a Russian here in Oregon? My best friend is also looking to adopt. She has a 10 year old male and is looking for a female companion for him. Please let me know if any of you have some links or leads for me to check into. I'm grateful for any help.

Forever Friend of Wildlife :tort:[/font],
~Desertwalker777

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, desertwalker77!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Welcome fellow Oregonian! I'm outside of Silverton,(a small village east of Salem). Where are you? I've got 3.2 Russians, but this is their forever home. You might try Craigslist and talk people down from their profit mind set to your good home mind set. I've done this and paid $25 for a Russian. For me, it's getting them to a good home. Good luck on your search.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Welcome to the forum. Hope you find your RT

Status
Not open for further replies.