New Member w/ Red Foot

Ira Mahther

Location (City and/or State)
West Palm Beach, FL
Hi all. Newbie mommy of a 1 yo red foot named Sofea. I was perusing the thread and saw that it is better to keep her indoors until 3. Is that true? We are in South FL and her home in arriving in a few days. But I bought a 49*36*14 inch enclosure that I plan to put in my backyard half under a tree shade. Should I not?IMG_20210513_180202_140.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Your high humidity and warm temps are perfect for her to be outside. She will need a night box to be locked into every night to sleep and let out every morning. Needs heat for those times it does get cold.
She already has pyramiding so the high humidity is needed asap.
The enclosure size you listed is quite small.
@ZEROPILOT can help you further for the location and size.

Ira Mahther

West Palm Beach, FL
Well.. I hope it would be ok for the next 2 years.. Planning to move then to bigger back yard so everyone will have space. Also, how long does it take for her to get used to living with us? I have a 3 y.o and I'm not sure if her rambunctiousness if giving Soph anxiety

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Well.. I hope it would be ok for the next 2 years.. Planning to move then to bigger back yard so everyone will have space. Also, how long does it take for her to get used to living with us? I have a 3 y.o and I'm not sure if her rambunctiousness if giving Soph anxiety
I live south of you in west Sunrise.
I keep a small herd of Redfoot in my back yard.
Let me know if you guys need assistance of any kind.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
A few months should do it. But not all RF are as calm around people as some others are.
They are almost as individual as people are