DBARDW5789

Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
I am new to the Forum and would like to learn more about keeping my sulcata’s in a humid environment. They are 6 months old, Sully and Sultor. They are in a glass terrarium with a screen top, cypress substrate, 2 Repitherm under tank heaters on one side with a container of water for humidity and a log hide. I also have a ceramic heat lamp on the other side. UV light also. The habitat stays about 80 degrees and around 50-60% humidity. I also soak them every other day. Their diet consists of Mazura tortoise food and baby greens. Is this temperature and humidity percentage adequate to prevent pyramiding. Thank you.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Read the threads already listed for you. Then also unplug the under tank heater. They can get too hot and have been known to malfunction easily and could burn your torts. Also, set up two enclosures and separate them. Torts should not be kept in pairs and if you don't know what your looking for, you may be missing the bullying that may have already started. Most glass aquariums/terrariums are too small for 2 fast growing sullies.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum.

Please post pics of your torts and their enclosures.