Canadian Mojo

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario
Hi, I've been lurking around for a little while checking out all the great info and thought I should introduce myself before I start to bother everybody with questions.

I'm Tord's grandpa. Tord is a Redfoot my 11y.o. adopted from neighbors across the street late last summer. They had a pair they rescued, but the pair weren't getting along well so we ended up with one. He's about five, quite gregarious, somewhat pyramided, and we don't know anything about his past other than the tortoise across the street (Mrs. T) is apparently his sister.

Being grandpa, I naturally get to spoil him and make sure he's being raised properly. This year I made him a nice big outdoor enclosure to roam around in, and right now I'm researching and planning out a better indoor habitat for the winter since his current one is only marginally adequate -- it meets his biological needs but it is too small.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi and welcome! I'd love to see pictures.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome,
Well done for giving Tord a home - torts don't like company and will be aggressive to others in their space which is what was happening in his old home - They'll both be much happier now they are on their own.
Have you found the redfoot caresheet yet? That will tell you what Tord needs to thrive; there are lots of good examples of enclosures in the Enclosures thread and you'll meet lots of very helpful redfoot owners who will be happy to help.
Looking forward to seeing pics of Tord.

Bountyboy

Philadelphia PA
Hello and welcome to the forum from Philadelphia, PA I hope you will find all the information you need in here can we see pics of the little guy and encloser

Canadian Mojo

Ontario
Hi and welcome,
Well done for giving Tord a home - torts don't like company and will be aggressive to others in their space which is what was happening in his old home - They'll both be much happier now they are on their own.
Have you found the redfoot caresheet yet? That will tell you what Tord needs to thrive; there are lots of good examples of enclosures in the Enclosures thread and you'll meet lots of very helpful redfoot owners who will be happy to help.
Looking forward to seeing pics of Tord.

I've been doing a lot of lurking and reading, the care sheet is one of the first things I found, and it got us up to speed to make sure his basic needs are being met. I've been looking through the enclosure forum, in fact I just asked a question about outdoor ones. Upgrading his indoor enclosure is still an idea that's in its infancy and there's lots of info and ideas for me to think about because there's not a lot of space so I have to be smart about it, but I'll be sure to ask questions as the plans firm up.

Canadian Mojo

Ontario
Here's a couple of shots of Tord
2019-07-27 18.31.54.jpg
Enjoying life up to his butt in plantain and clover.

2019-07-27 18.30.13.jpg
Hanging out in one of his hides (two halves of a fiber pot back to back with the bottoms knocked out and brush piled over top)

2019-07-27 18.32.35.jpg
Checking out what grandpa is doing now.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl