Sueannes

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Hello, I am from Wisconsin with our new tortoise, Tortie. He is a Russian tortoise that we got from a local pet store about a month ago. We use a coconut substrate for his enclosure. He has a water dish and black feeding area. He is very smart and interactive. We feed him collard greens, water cress and romaine. He he has uva and uvb light as well as his heat lamp. We think he is a juvenile, but not really certain. He seems very happy with us here. We keep his temperature between 80 and 90 and in the evening a bit cooler. His humidity is between 60 and 70. If anyone has any recommendations that are different please let us know. 😊. I am so glad to have found this group. 2B9950A8-C7DF-43F5-BF80-DA408367EFC1.jpeg

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Hello, I am from Wisconsin with our new tortoise, Tortie. He is a Russian tortoise that we got from a local pet store about a month ago. We use a coconut substrate for his enclosure. He has a water dish and black feeding area. He is very smart and interactive. We feed him collard greens, water cress and romaine. He he has uva and uvb light as well as his heat lamp. We think he is a juvenile, but not really certain. He seems very happy with us here. We keep his temperature between 80 and 90 and in the evening a bit cooler. His humidity is between 60 and 70. If anyone has any recommendations that are different please let us know. 😊. I am so glad to have found this group. View attachment 349981
Hello and Welcome, I'm sure you will get all the information you need to raise your Tortoise correctly. I have a Sulcata tortoise, someone that has Russian tortoises will be along soon to help you.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello, I am from Wisconsin with our new tortoise, Tortie. He is a Russian tortoise that we got from a local pet store about a month ago. We use a coconut substrate for his enclosure. He has a water dish and black feeding area. He is very smart and interactive. We feed him collard greens, water cress and romaine. He he has uva and uvb light as well as his heat lamp. We think he is a juvenile, but not really certain. He seems very happy with us here. We keep his temperature between 80 and 90 and in the evening a bit cooler. His humidity is between 60 and 70. If anyone has any recommendations that are different please let us know. 😊. I am so glad to have found this group. View attachment 349981
Hello and welcome. Most of the info from pet stores is all wrong, and the products they sell are sometimes harmful.

Here is the correct care info, and questions are welcome:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Basking needs to be 95-100
All over 75-80
Night can go down into 60's but not below.
Hard to tell from picture but he is likely closer to an adult and needs a minimum of a 4x8 foot enclosure.
The diet needs improving also. Much more variety. Riddichio, spring mix, mustard, collard greens. Broad leaf weeds.

Sueannes

Platinum Tortoise Club
Wisconsin
Basking needs to be 95-100
All over 75-80
Night can go down into 60's but not below.
Hard to tell from picture but he is likely closer to an adult and needs a minimum of a 4x8 foot enclosure.
The diet needs improving also. Much more variety. Riddichio, spring mix, mustard, collard greens. Broad leaf weeds.
Thank you I will be sure to get a better picture to add.

Sueannes

Platinum Tortoise Club
Wisconsin
Hello and welcome. Most of the info from pet stores is all wrong, and the products they sell are sometimes harmful.

Here is the correct care info, and questions are welcome:
Thank you very much for This

Sueannes

Platinum Tortoise Club
Wisconsin
I hope this helps. He seems so much happier in our home. We both spend time talking with him. He seems to really like his home but we are always looking for knowledge and appreciate this site.

Sueannes

Platinum Tortoise Club
Wisconsin

Attachments

• 39183DAD-B442-4EE7-833D-9DF581BCAB00.jpeg
    39183DAD-B442-4EE7-833D-9DF581BCAB00.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1