Status
Not open for further replies.

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Castleton, VT
Hello! Im Kaitlin, a new member here on tortoise forum. I currently have a 2 year old eastern painted turtle and am in search of a russian tortoise to add to the family. anyone that can help me out with this would be greatly appreciated. I am located in VERMONT.:tort:

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Castleton, VT
A little more about me

After my first post I realized I should tell you folks a little more about myself, I am located in vermont, I have 3 cats and one eastern painted turtle that I have had since she was a hatchling. I have research and researched before making the decision to adopt a tortoise. Through my research I have found that a Russian tortoise may be the best option. I am open to advice and looking to adopt rather then purchase from a pet store. I have been in contact with every shelter I could find in New England and have not had good luck (either they do not reply or do not have tortoises) I would love some advice and direction as to where to find the right tortoise for me! Thanks!

Here is my baby Monty! I just found out that Monty is a female, her shell is hard she has a great appetite for a while I had concidered rehoming another turtle but after all if the incompatible horror stories I have decided against it. She is a part of my family and I hope to add a tortoise soon! (With some help!)ImageUploadedByTortForum1374105833.139121.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Hello and welcome . If I'm not mistaken I think someone on here is trying to rehome one . I will try to find the tread.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Castleton, VT
If it is in nh I have emailed her and have my fingers crossed! If its not the same one I would love to see the thread

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Re: RE: New Member

mike taylor said:
Hello and welcome . If I'm not mistaken I think someone on here is trying to rehome one . I will try to find the tread.

Pm kletha she needs to rehome one

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Castleton, VT
Thanks! I will do that

It sounds like shipping is an issue for her, that's been the hardest part about wanting to adopt! Very difficult to find a tortoise in vermont!

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Castleton, VT
I think I may have found my Russian! ImageUploadedByTortForum1374153690.524228.jpg how does he look? And he won't need to be shipped!

Last edited by a moderator:

IBeenEasy

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
KaitlinKeefe_ said:
I think I may have found my Russian! how does he look? And he won't need to be shipped!

hey kaitlin, welcome, ima newbie on the site too... i understand you didnt wanna buy from pet stores.. probably for the same reasons i was scared to...but if your not able to adopt.... i orderd my elongated hatchling from theturtlesource.com and i promise you they are a good place to deal with...my tort came on time , and healthy and i've had her for 7 months now and shes doin great...she is still healthy and has a great little personality.... im from new England too so i know it hard to find good places to buy healthy exotic pets..but if all else fails...call them up or check out the website and see if thats something that would work for you!!

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Castleton, VT
Thank you and welcome! This forum is awesome! Thank you so much for the information but I think I may have found my guy! I actually contacted a member on here, she called me today and I will be picking him up tomorrow there is a photo of him above! I'm so excited! Glad to hear your little one is doing well!

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome :) He looks great Russians are awesome glad you found him :)

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Castleton, VT
Update! Just got randy home and settled, long day of traveling. I plan to start the build on his new home tomorrow. No pictures yet, he's in his house a little "shell shocked" I think ;)

Pictures to come when he gets comfortable.

Any ideas of ways to comfort him and ease him into his new home? Kale is in his dish and fresh water, humidity and heat are looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.