abbiepaigexx

Hey! I'm from England and new on here and trying to get the hang of things! I own two musk turtles (they are both female from what I have researched) they're almost two years old and I absolutely adore them!! I would love to hear from different owners and what their set ups are like. I've been caring for mine for almost two years and would like to make sure that I'm doing everything right!! Thanks :D

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Abbie welcome to the TFO from AZ . My water turtles are in a pond in the back yard . And I feed them a mixed
Diet of dry food greens and insects

abbiepaigexx

Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
Hello Abbie welcome to the TFO from AZ . My water turtles are in a pond in the back yard . And I feed them a mixed
Diet of dry food greens and insects

Thanks for your reply! Wow, your setup is very different to mine! I currently have them in a tank and I was wondering what lights that they need, at the moment they have a UV light which is on most of the day.

What greens and insects do you feed them?

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
North East
Welcome! I don't have a musk turtle but an Res . I have fallen in love with water turtles. They are fun.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
I don't own any water turtles, but wanted to welcome you to the forum:)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
We'll remember water turtles need a basking spot ( a place with a bright ) to get out of the water and sun them selves . Mixed greens , some fruit , and insects mealworms ( I raise my own just
As your mother said you are what you eat , my mealworms are feed fruit, veggies , carrots . So as you can see a mixed diet is important to everything .

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Welcome from California! I currently have one Russian tortoise and one sulcata tortoise. You should be able to find a lot of information on your species here on the forum. Good luck navigating.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome. I have a Reeves aquatic turtle. She is 26 years old now, and my setup is a 55 gallon tank. I have a floating dock for basking in her UV lighting. I feed her pellets and on rare occasions she gets fresh salmon. I also make sure she gets a calcium block in her water. I had figured out that the water stays cleaner if you feed her in a tub. I set it up with a heater and take her floating dock to the tub because I keep her there for a couple of days. Then, I put her back in her tank for a day, and back to the tub. It may seem like a lot of work,but it's not nearly as much work as siphoning out 55 gallons of water, cleaning her dock and rocks.