New mom of a baby Red-Foot Tortoise!

The only problem is that he has become quite the picky eater. He favorite food is watermelon, and it feel like most of the time its the only thing i can get him to eat. I know red-foots need a lot of variety but he won't touch blueberries, grapes, most types of kale, apples, and so on. SO to make sure he eats enough I basically just need to offer him mushrooms, spinach, dandelion greens, bananas, and watermelon and wait for him to choose one. ANY TIPS?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Lindsay, and welcome to the Forum!

Since THIS is the "Introductions" section of the Forum, I suggest you post again in the RedFoot tortoise section. Most RF keepers will see your question and help you in that section.

In the mean time, you can read all about RF tortoises at the Tortoise Library

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Lindsey welcome to the TFO from AZ , USA . Being a tort parent isn't easy .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome :) You have a strong willed tort :) I am lizard sitting my daughters bearded dragon and all he wants to eat is pinkies it has been a struggle but I now have him eating greens :) he is also very strong willed :)

Welcome :) You have a strong willed tort :) I am lizard sitting my daughters bearded dragon and all he wants to eat is pinkies it has been a struggle but I now have him eating greens :) he is also very strong willed :)

Well i wish good luck to us both then. Reptiles seem to be just as finicky about their vegetables as toddlers

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Welcome. He needs more green and less fruits. Be sure to check out the redfoot section

rach louise

Not sure if this is the right place, I'm not good with technology but I would like a bit of advice I'm looking at getting my first ever tortoise and would like to know what I will need and where to purchase one? Please help :(