Status
Not open for further replies.

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
CedarCreekLake, Texas
I'm a new mom to Samson, a sulcata hatchling. I live in Texas, southeast of Dallas. I am married for almost 32 years, have 4 children, 2 dogs, 2 cats and have had Samson for 1 week. I raised box turtles for many years and had tons of success with them. I've always wanted a tortoise and I'm now at a point in my life when I have the time and space to devote to raising Samson. I know he/she will outlive me (at least thats what I hope) and my children have already promised to take over the care of Samson should the need arise. I've been researching for over a month on the internet as well as several books, reading any and everything and feel I'm ready to start this new chapter in my life. This is the first time I've joined any type of forum so I'm not really sure what to expect. I hope I'm doing this (the forum) correct but if I am not then please feel free to set me straight!

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
Welcome :D
Samson sounds like a very lucky tortoise!

One tip, no matter how small or big the question or how silly you might think it is, always feel free to ask.
I did lots of research but still along the way come across questions that I need answers to and the people here are amazing. No matter the question I've always gotten the best answers. This forum is so helpful.

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CedarCreekLake, Texas
I learned a long time ago that the only stupid question is the one not asked! Tips are always appreciated, thanks!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Welcome:) check out the threads below in my post. All are great for raising a smooth sulcata.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello samsmom, and welcome to the forum.. I have to tell you, you sound a lot like me. I have had and raised box turtles a few years back and longed for tortoises. I purchased a sulcata, and found this forum. And I too have never been on one. But I am on here every day, 4-8 times a day. There is so much info on here..what a great learning experience. I have so much time on my hands now that I'm older, I think it was a good decision to make. I just wish I had more space. I'd have so much more..lol... good luck raising your new baby. Sulcatas are lots of fun.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, samsmom!

Status
Not open for further replies.