New Mother to Sulcata Hatchling HELLO ALL!

MichaelAngelo0214

Hello everyone! I'm Aj from Honolulu Hawaii
I've had my sulcata hatchling for about 5 months now. I've named him Michael Angelo.
I bought him from a local pet store, here in hawaii. The owner of the pet store said he is about a year old. But I'm not sure that he was right being that Michael Angelo is very VERY tiny. And he hasn't grown much since I've got him.

I'm alittle concerned that Michael Angelo isn't getting the proper nutrition that he needs, because he is VERY picky with his foods. He refuses to eat anything dry (tortoise pellets, or hay,) he also does not eat lettuce if I had sprinkled tortoise calcium on it. My vet had suggested i put baby food on his lettuce. (Peas, carrots, broccoli) he eats it like that. But I've noticed the bottom of his shell is STILL very soft and like I said he hasn't grown since I've got him.

His home includes both heating lamp and UVB. He soaks twice a week and I let him out in the yard once a week. [/color][/font]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    842.9 KB · Views: 45

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Aj, and welcome to the Forum!!

Try offering your new baby some of the pre-packaged salads, like Spring Mix, or Santa Barbara Mix, or something that has a nice variety of different greens in it. You can also offer weeds from outside as long as they're clean. Baby sulcatas usually don't start eating hay until they get some size to them. And when you supplement the calcium, only use a tiny bit.