New Outdoor Enclosure!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximusq

5 Year Member
Hello!,

Just finished my first outdoor enclosure for my two Eastern Box Turtles. It is about 7' x 11'. It has a pond with a pump and filter. It is a work in progress. I am slowly but surely adding turtle friendly plants. I have a beach umbrella temporarily in enclosure to provide shade until plant growth can do the job. My two turtles, Samson and Delilah, seem to love it! Any comments or advice is welcomed!!

Thanks, Dan

Attachments

• DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC00005.JPG
    DSC00005.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC00006.JPG
    DSC00006.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC00007.JPG
    DSC00007.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC00008.JPG
    DSC00008.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC00009.JPG
    DSC00009.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC00010.JPG
    DSC00010.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC00011.JPG
    DSC00011.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 70

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
That enclosure looks great Dan. I really like that pond a lot. What is it made of..preformed? Will they hibernat in there? You could add a little ground cover too, like creeping jenny. Mine love to sit under the hosta plants. Very nice.

maximusq

5 Year Member
terryo said:
That enclosure looks great Dan. I really like that pond a lot. What is it made of..preformed? Will they hibernat in there? You could add a little ground cover too, like creeping jenny. Mine love to sit under the hosta plants. Very nice.

Hello!,

Yes it is preformed plastic. I dont think I will be hibernating them outdoors. There is too much clay and sand in the dirt, I am too scared to lose them. I have a nice indoor enclosure they can stay in during winter. I have a few more plants ordered. I have a "Stork's Bill" coming that should help. I just got in mail: Chia, Wheat Grass, and turnip seeds which also should help.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
maximusq said:
terryo said:

Hello!,

Yes it is preformed plastic. I dont think I will be hibernating them outdoors. There is too much clay and sand in the dirt, I am too scared to lose them. I have a nice indoor enclosure they can stay in during winter. I have a few more plants ordered. I have a "Stork's Bill" coming that should help. I just got in mail: Chia, Wheat Grass, and turnip seeds which also should help.

When you're done with everything please post some new pictures. I am always looking for more idea's for my boxie enclosures. I really love that pond...how deep is it?

Annieski

5 Year Member
Edison, N.J.
Beautiful-----and I love the ides of the beach umbrella--- I used one for Morty and could always move it whenever necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.