New Outdoor Pen for Kobe

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
A couple weeks ago, I ordered a pallet load of cinder blocks and created this 19' x 19' pen for my juvenile sulcata, Kobe. Hopefully, this will last her for about 2 years, and I will just systematically order another pallet load and expand the enclosure as needed every 2-3 years or so. I still need to make a shed or shelter for her and rake the leaves out, but everything else is pretty much ready to go. She never really went into a pool, so I'm going to try this poultry waterer idea I got from another tortoise keeper, and see if she'll take to it. I also went ahead and transplanted the hibiscus tree and the other tree from her previous pen.

KobePen_phase1_1_zpsdebf46bb.jpg

KobePen_phase1_2_zps6a999b1c.jpg

KobePen_phase1_4_zps29cfd8a3.jpg

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
All that space that's amazing! I'm trying to create an enclosed outdoor space at the moment and I'm hoping my RF is going to love it in the summer while I'm at work ;)

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Looks great. I say leave the leaves in there to break down and fertilize plants. Water that hibiscus well through the summer.
How about some dirt in the cement blocks on one side and you can plant some nasturtiums, sedums, etc.

Really nice long term plan!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Great job in getting something done. I have a huge back yard I'd like to give my sulcatas. The job seems overwhelming and so I've done nothing. I think I'm going to start with the perimeter like you did, and build from there. Only, I do want to make an enclosure to keep them safe at night. Thanks for.the inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.