New owner of a Greek tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

t-bone14

5 Year Member
Hi, we just bought a tortoise on Saturday. We were told that he is a Greek tortoise. I say that he is male because I believe I saw male genitals yesterday. I'm not sure how old he is. We have never had a tortoise before so I've been looking at your forum quite frequently! We live near Baton Rouge, LA and are currently working on an outside area for him but, are keeping him inside except when we can keep a close eye on him. I'm going to add some photos to get opinions on of he is a Greek. Thanks for being a great source of info!!!

Attachments

• image-4061420523.png
    image-4061420523.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • image-2548807930.png
    image-2548807930.png
    873.2 KB · Views: 22

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! So what made you decide you wanted a tortoise? Had you planned on getting him before you saw him? :tort:

t-bone14

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Welcome! So what made you decide you wanted a tortoise? Had you planned on getting him before you saw him? :tort:

We had seen some at a reptile rescue place in Texas and starting reading about different tortoises. I was in Petsmart getting some things for our other pets and saw him. He was just too cute to leave there! I'm just trying to learn as much as I can to keep him healthy & happy.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.