New Owner Show-and-Tell!

Nephelle

Location (City and/or State)
Pittsburgh, PA
DON'T BE CONCERNED WITH THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD. IF YOU ARE AN "OLD OWNER" WITH FUN PICTURES OR STORIES TO SHARE, PLEASE DO!

Hey new owners!

Yeah, you :) The ones with 100's of tortoise pictures on your phones and so many funny tortoise stories to tell!

As a brand new tortoise mom, I am experiencing that new-parent excitement where you want to talk about your baby All. The. Time. And I know I can't be the only one! So, I am starting this thread as a place to share the joys, the excitement, the wonders and the worries of being a new owner. And I want to hear all about yours, too!

Please feel free to post pictures of your torts, give updates on how they're doing, tell funny stories, talk about your current and future plans, and any other interesting tidbits you've picked up along the way!

Requests For Participation in this Thread:

DO NOT OFFER OR ASK FOR MEDICAL OR HEALTH ADVICE HERE. This includes (but is not limited to): Health issues, hibernation/brumation questions, supplements, temperature/humidity/lighting recommendations, etc.

Note - If you would just like to talk about going through these issues, however, feel free!

BE RESPECTFUL AND KIND.

STAY ON TOPIC.

REFER ALL IMPROVEMENT SUGGESTIONS TO ANOTHER THREAD.

Example:

ILuvSpaceTorts - "Hi everyone! I'm thinking of building my tortoise enclosure on the moon! Here's a picture of my Redfoot, Buzz, in his astronaut suit, eating freeze-dried ice cream."

Reply - "Hi SpaceTorts! If you would be willing to make a post in the Enclosures Section, I would love to share some tips and tricks with you about your enclosure!"

Easy done :)

Get it? Got it? Good!

Let the Show and Tell begin!

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
Have had my "tiny dinosaur" since August. I adore this little guy! These photos are posted elsewhere on this forum, but in a thread specific to him in the Redfoot section. Meet Trogdor the Burninator!

Attachments

• 1444673132930.jpg
    1444673132930.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 577
  • 1444673169158.jpg
    1444673169158.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 585

Nephelle

Pittsburgh, PA
Have had my "tiny dinosaur" since August. I adore this little guy! These photos are posted elsewhere on this forum, but in a thread specific to him in the Redfoot section. Meet Trogdor the Burninator!

YAY Rutibegga!!! Thank you for joining this thread! :D:D

Hello Trogdor! That is an awesome name for a very handsome little man! And holy wow, just from the one pic your enclosure looks amazing and beautiful. I'm already so curious about what plants you're using in there!

I start every morning with a "hello my tiny dinosaur", too :) Can't wait to hear more about his adventures :<3:

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
The small grassy stuff is a weed seed mix: dandelion, clover, and testudo mix from Tortoise supply. The plants behind are a Prayer Plant and something commonly called "mother in law's tongue." All tort safe, the weeds obviously being specifically for snacking purposes. (I reseed about weekly).

The enclosure is 4x3 on level one, about about 18 in by 4ft on the second level. Hopefully we can get a year or two out of it before we need to upgrade!

Jess84

PA
So many cute babies! I just gave Millie a bath. Usually when she poops in her bath, she puts her head back into her shell and pushes. Today, she just stared at me. We have reached a new level.

This picture is of the bath, sans poop. IMG_2743.jpg

AnimalLady

So many cute babies! I just gave Millie a bath. Usually when she poops in her bath, she puts her head back into her shell and pushes. Today, she just stared at me. We have reached a new level.

This picture is of the bath, sans poop. View attachment 152098

Millie is gorgeous! So small and cute!!!!!! She looks so clean compared to my Mac, who looks all rugged and outdoorsy

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
10-15-11 Bo-2.jpg

BO, Aldabran tortoise

10-15-11 desert-5.jpg

Jesse - male desert tortoise with his gular filed off

10-15-11 Duc.jpg