New Owner Show-and-Tell!

xashleyrose

Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
20210404_151402.jpg
20210404_155516.jpg20210403_132456.jpg

Hi everyone! This is Tortellini Alfredo (or at least currently, I'm not 100% convinced on that name) and we've had this little stinker for about 2 weeks now ? We don't know it's sex yet but I've just been using male pronouns out of habit so until I know for sure otherwise I'm gonna stick with that lol.

His favorite things are climbing whatever he can reach, clovers, bananas (sparingly), and staring at you judgingly from across the room. We absolutely adore him already ?

TheTattooedTortoise

North Wales, UK
Here's little Sheldon (10 month hermanni) enjoying some sunshine and alfresco munchies in his make shift outdoor tub.
I love just sitting here with a brew watching him destroy his lunch... hes so violent ? I see why people refer to them as 'dinosaurs'.
For something so 'small and helpless' they're not half tenacious little machines!

Such a little character, he's totally stolen my crusty black heart ??

Attachments

• 20210423_140346.jpg
    20210423_140346.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29

AliciaM1386

Boulder, CO
Still figuring out the perfect name this little one arrived this week on Tuesday but I have been in hovering mom mode making sure this little cutie starts off on the right foot for a healthy fulfilled long life.

Attachments

• 7F4C8687-54F2-4D8E-B059-B5D7B8DA9837.jpeg
    7F4C8687-54F2-4D8E-B059-B5D7B8DA9837.jpeg
    549.9 KB · Views: 20

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Welcome Ammon! He looks great! I;'m headed out to Mesa in Apr, might get some skiing in up in Flagstaff. Brother lives in the mtns up there. Pretty country.

Welcome and good luck!

jeff

Dragon

michagin
Have had my "tiny dinosaur" since August. I adore this little guy! These photos are posted elsewhere on this forum, but in a thread specific to him in the Redfoot section. Meet Trogdor the Burninator!
oh hes so cute!! I love his coloring! Iv had my sissy about a month now shes a russion tort.i put these pictures up in a different section on here...because i dint see this new theard. I crocheted her this st pattys day shell cover. havent decided what her next tort cover will be, I'm thinking i might try to make both dogs the cat and sissy matching outfitssissy2.JPGssissy.JPGsissy1.JPG

Alabama
DON'T BE CONCERNED WITH THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD. IF YOU ARE AN "OLD OWNER" WITH FUN PICTURES OR STORIES TO SHARE, PLEASE DO!

Hey new owners!

Yeah, you :) The ones with 100's of tortoise pictures on your phones and so many funny tortoise stories to tell!

As a brand new tortoise mom, I am experiencing that new-parent excitement where you want to talk about your baby All. The. Time. And I know I can't be the only one! So, I am starting this thread as a place to share the joys, the excitement, the wonders and the worries of being a new owner. And I want to hear all about yours, too!

Please feel free to post pictures of your torts, give updates on how they're doing, tell funny stories, talk about your current and future plans, and any other interesting tidbits you've picked up along the way!

Requests For Participation in this Thread:

DO NOT OFFER OR ASK FOR MEDICAL OR HEALTH ADVICE HERE.
This includes (but is not limited to): Health issues, hibernation/brumation questions, supplements, temperature/humidity/lighting recommendations, etc.

Note - If you would just like to talk about going through these issues, however, feel free!

BE RESPECTFUL AND KIND.

STAY ON TOPIC.

REFER ALL IMPROVEMENT SUGGESTIONS TO ANOTHER THREAD.

Example:

ILuvSpaceTorts - "Hi everyone! I'm thinking of building my tortoise enclosure on the moon! Here's a picture of my Redfoot, Buzz, in his astronaut suit, eating freeze-dried ice cream."

Reply - "Hi SpaceTorts! If you would be willing to make a post in the Enclosures Section, I would love to share some tips and tricks with you about your enclosure!"

Easy done :)

Get it? Got it? Good!

Let the Show and Tell begin!
“TONKA” the tenacious tortoise. 3 years old. Have enjoyed his company for a little over a year now. Was 9 lbs a year ago
DON'T BE CONCERNED WITH THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD. IF YOU ARE AN "OLD OWNER" WITH FUN PICTURES OR STORIES TO SHARE, PLEASE DO!

Hey new owners!

Yeah, you :) The ones with 100's of tortoise pictures on your phones and so many funny tortoise stories to tell!

As a brand new tortoise mom, I am experiencing that new-parent excitement where you want to talk about your baby All. The. Time. And I know I can't be the only one! So, I am starting this thread as a place to share the joys, the excitement, the wonders and the worries of being a new owner. And I want to hear all about yours, too!

Please feel free to post pictures of your torts, give updates on how they're doing, tell funny stories, talk about your current and future plans, and any other interesting tidbits you've picked up along the way!

Requests For Participation in this Thread:

DO NOT OFFER OR ASK FOR MEDICAL OR HEALTH ADVICE HERE.
This includes (but is not limited to): Health issues, hibernation/brumation questions, supplements, temperature/humidity/lighting recommendations, etc.

Note - If you would just like to talk about going through these issues, however, feel free!

BE RESPECTFUL AND KIND.

STAY ON TOPIC.

REFER ALL IMPROVEMENT SUGGESTIONS TO ANOTHER THREAD.

Example:

ILuvSpaceTorts - "Hi everyone! I'm thinking of building my tortoise enclosure on the moon! Here's a picture of my Redfoot, Buzz, in his astronaut suit, eating freeze-dried ice cream."

Reply - "Hi SpaceTorts! If you would be willing to make a post in the Enclosures Section, I would love to share some tips and tricks with you about your enclosure!"

Easy done :)

Get it? Got it? Good!

Let the Show and Tell begin!

Karen(pebbles)

Platinum Tortoise Club
Bristol Uk
This is my Pebbles, a 2yr old Hermanns that i've had now for just over 1 yr, not yet sure which sex but looking forward to finding out, at the moment i'm leaning toward female :<3:😘

rsepiphyte

5 Year Member
My newest family members enjoying a warm soak!

Attachments

• 20220726_161707.jpg
    20220726_161707.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7