New owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cfeiger

5 Year Member
Hello, I am a new owner- or my 7 year old daughter is. I am helping her care for her new baby tortoise until she is old enough and responsible enough to care for it herself.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Cfeiger:

Welcome to the forum!!

Please take lots of time and look through the different forums to see how to care for your new tortoise. Have you decided what kind you're going to get?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just noticed that you said, "...my new baby tortoise." Please reconsider getting a baby. You may be setting yourself up for a pretty sad situation in trying to explain to your 7 year old why the baby died. In my opinion, baby tortoises are not for beginning tortoise keepers. Try to find an older tortoise that is already established and eating well. We see it on the forum every day...baby tortoises taking sick and dying. Its quite common with new keepers. (with more experienced keepers too...I've had my share)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Maybe I am reading it wrong, but I think they already have him/her. If that's true, we snoopy folks want the details! :D What kind? How are you keeping it? How did she happen to decide on a tortoise? Where are the pictures? :D:D See, I am simply nosey! We love pictures too, especially of babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.