New Pancake owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoisefanatic

5 Year Member
Hi, Alan here. My wife Laura just received a three month old pancake tortoise, so we'll both be stopping by occasionally to gain info on our new little one. So far the tortoise is eating ok, and slowly getting to know its new home here in the Texas Panhandle. I'll post pictures when we take some.

Alan

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Cool, thanks for joining. I am hoping to get a pancake tortoise sometime soon. I'll look forward to sharing experiences.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
*hands Alan a bottle of syrup and some butter* ohhhhh duh, not that kind of pancake. :D Welcome Alan and Laura! Interesting little tortoises aren't they? So is this your first tortoise? How did you happen to choose a pancake? :tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Alan:

Welcome to the forum!!

tortoisefanatic

5 Year Member
Jacqui, it gets too cold up here in the winter to keep one outdoors unless you have a heated shelter. So that meant an inside tortoise. My wife didn't want to get one that hibernates, and we don't have that much room in the house, so a Pancake seemed best. Nice and small, with personality! Plus, the carapace pattern just about can't be beat! We found a baby captive bred at a Houston dealer, so shipping wasn't too bad. Don't know if its a boy or girl, and it doesn't matter. Right now it spends most of its time under a log! My wife has been getting it outside when the weather permits, however. Pics to come in a week or so.

Alan

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Hello and welcome to the forum I saw a pancake in person for they first time last weekend and they are very interesting torts....

Peacebone

5 Year Member
AZ
Nice choice. Very unique tortoise and very curious personality (at least with mine). Can't wait to see the pics.

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
North East
You will enjoy it... mine is awsome.. I need to get him a girl friend soon....
pancakecloseup.jpg

IMG00010-20110224-1620.jpg

pancake.jpg

torts2-13-11062.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.