New Pancake Tortoise Indoor Enclosure

Pancake88

Location (City and/or State)
US
Just finished building the new enclosure. Need to still figure out a good way to add my UV light that doesn't obstruct the view of the table.

zrmlbpW.jpg
v7SS5UY.jpg
SvB2F1s.jpg

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Just finished building the new enclosure. Need to still figure out a good way to add my UV light that doesn't obstruct the view of the table.

zrmlbpW.jpg
v7SS5UY.jpg
SvB2F1s.jpg

Pretty space....I wonder though? maybe a few more layers of rocks for the tort to wedge into and under?

Pancake88

US
Pretty space....I wonder though? maybe a few more layers of rocks for the tort to wedge into and under?

The walls are a little short to setup multiple layers. I have tried multiple layers in previous setups and most times the tortoise ends up getting stuck or knocks the layers down. There is about 3-4 inches of digging area in these hide spots. Seems like the 3 hide spots are a good enough setup to have variety. I would like to add a waterfall at some point just do not know if I am handy enough to pull it off.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
The walls are a little short to setup multiple layers. I have tried multiple layers in previous setups and most times the tortoise ends up getting stuck or knocks the layers down. There is about 3-4 inches of digging area in these hide spots. Seems like the 3 hide spots are a good enough setup to have variety. I would like to add a waterfall at some point just do not know if I am handy enough to pull it off.

When you design an enclosure you will want to plan for the multi level that this species is driven to...when you build the layers you will want to adhere each layer to create a secure climbing structure...this is a species that will want to use a multi level rock formation....just my take.