New pictures of Squirt my Burmese Brown

teresaf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Port Charlotte, Florida
Wow, He's got a nicer color than my Blacks. Maybe it's the photo but there seems to be a tarnished copper look to him. VERY nice.

stutz

5 Year Member
Wow, He's got a nicer color than my Blacks. Maybe it's the photo but there seems to be a tarnished copper look to him. VERY nice.
That's his color he is really brown. Took him for his first check up at the vets today and she said he looks very good and thought his shell was beautiful. He is a male she said she was pretty sure because his tale is short and said females were a lot longer. He weighs 13 ounces.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
That's his color he is really brown. Took him for his first check up at the vets today and she said he looks very good and thought his shell was beautiful. He is a male she said she was pretty sure because his tale is short and said females were a lot longer. He weighs 13 ounces.
@Yvonne G would probably be the better person to ask about the sex of your MEE tortoise since she has MEEs and MEPs. I only say this because I think it's the other way around? long tails are male. Short fat tails are female.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Can you post a picture of his Plastron? Is there any concavity started? (haha is that a word?)

This species doesn't get a concave plastron...at least, my male is flat on the bottom.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Dang he's pretty, Stutz. His shell is just about perfect! But you've got quite a ways to go before you'll know his sex for sure. The male will have a longer, fatter tail, more rounded anal scutes and a longer gular. The female's anal scutes are more pointed and more 'v' shaped.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I sure love this species. Too bad I can't have any.

Thanks for the pics Stutz.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
why can't you have any? You have a variety of species already don't you?

Its not practical here. It is much too hot in the summer and much too dry all the time. They would do fine for me as babies that are inside most of the time, but once they got big and I had to move them outside full time, it would not go well. Same with redfoot tortoises and Aldabras.