New possible acquisition this morning species ID?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
Round 2, just got back from herping at the same turtle rescue and found this little guy in a small pond with adult Yellow bellys, Cumberlands, Red ears, and Cooters

@Markw84 Yellow belly?

Attachments

• 20180616_084224.jpg
    20180616_084224.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
  • 20180616_084219.jpg
    20180616_084219.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • 20180616_084206.jpg
    20180616_084206.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • 20180616_084153.jpg
    20180616_084153.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • 20180616_084201.jpg
    20180616_084201.jpg
    721.4 KB · Views: 28

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Round 2, just got back from herping at the same turtle rescue and found this little guy in a small pond with adult Yellow bellys, Cumberlands, Red ears, and Cooters

@Markw84 Yellow belly?
He is gorgeous!! But you do know that if you want to put him with Snap that you need another one right? Turtles also cannot be kept in pairs.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
He is gorgeous!! But you do know that if you want to put him with Snap that you need another one right? Turtles also cannot be kept in pairs.
Probably in about 2 years when they start to become Mature they will need to be separated or transferred to a stock tank with others. I'm having that issue now with my juvenile "Slick" he's really been harassing his tankmates lately. He's getting his own upgrade next weekend.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I like those hang on back filters you have going, especiaaly on the tupperware container. Great use of the bin vice a fancy schmancy glass aquarium.
Thanks, the front of it bowed out and I was going to brace it with a piece of wood, but it looks kind of cool actually.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Probably in about 2 years when they start to become Mature they will need to be separated or transferred to a stock tank with others. I'm having that issue now with my juvenile "Slick" he's really been harassing his tankmates lately. He's getting his own upgrade next weekend.
Please can i see pics of your other tanks? If they are anything like Snaps setup they should be awesome

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I feel I must interject something here for anyone new to the hobby. Most states have laws about taking turtles - either a fishing license, or don't take them at all. The OP was taking these turtles from ponds on private property - rescued turtles and their offspring. Be sure to check your state laws before taking turtles from the wild.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I feel I must interject something here for anyone new to the hobby. Most states have laws about taking turtles - either a fishing license, or don't take them at all. The OP was taking these turtles from ponds on private property - rescued turtles and their offspring. Be sure to check your state laws before taking turtles from the wild.
Thanks Yvonne for the reminder.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Disclaimer though: I do have full permission to be there from rescue owner, in fact he's with me most of the time. Also the first one is not native to GA, pretty sure the second isn't either however waiting confirmation, if it is it will be released. I would never advocate to just go taking native turtles from the wild.