New Radiated-photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

samstar

5 Year Member
Just brought her home today, isn't she lovely? Have not measured her but she is about 5 inches in length and weighs in at round 250 grams. Gave her some salad mix to eat but she hasn't touched it yet, guess she's still a bit nervous. Her eyes are a little watery and nose very slightly wet. A bit of heat and tender loving care should put her back on track. She must be tired from the journey. Hope she starts eating tomorrow.
IMGP3547.jpg

IMGP3546.jpg

Good thing she just drank some water and her urine is clear which is a good sign. I turned off her lights to let her get some rest as she had a long journey, hopefully her food dish will be empty in the morning.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
She's beautiful! You're making me so jealous. Wish I could afford one.

samstar

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
She's beautiful! You're making me so jealous. Wish I could afford one.

Thanks, I feel very lucky to have her. I am going to do a little prayer for her before I head to bed :)

RichardS

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Charleston, SC
The radiated tortoises found in Asia look so much different from the bloodlines here. Very interesting.

Great looking rad!

samstar

5 Year Member
RichardS said:
The radiated tortoises found in Asia look so much different from the bloodlines here. Very interesting.

Great looking rad!

Really? Care to post some pics of the bloodlines on your side? Curious..

auhckw

5 Year Member
Congrats on your new pet. Mind share how much you bought her?

Where you bought the carpet? I'm from the country you are from too.

samstar

5 Year Member
auhckw said:
Congrats on your new pet. Mind share how much you bought her?

Where you bought the carpet? I'm from the country you are from too.

Where you from? This carpet is temporary and not something I personally like beucase they can try to eat it thinking it's grass. I will soon get for her the reptile felt type carpet which they cannot bite, it's what I use for my Stars.

RichardS

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Charleston, SC
http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-16663.html

Perhaps your animal was able to bury down and put some wear on his carapace, which causes the center of the vertebrals and pleurals to look completely yellow?

If not, one would expect the entire hatchling to look bright yellow.

samstar

5 Year Member
RichardS said:
http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-16663.html

Perhaps your animal was able to bury down and put some wear on his carapace, which causes the center of the vertebrals and pleurals to look completely yellow?

If not, one would expect the entire hatchling to look bright yellow.

not to sure, just got her today and I am very new to Radiated's. Your's sure does look beautiful. Thank for the link, very informative.

samstar

5 Year Member
Thank you all! I honestly have been learning a lot from you'll. Today I put salad mix in her food dish and she just looked at it and walked away. However later in the day , she did eat a little so it's a good start. I also saw her basking under the heat lamp and drink a little from the water dish. Hope all goes well.

samstar

5 Year Member
movealongmosey said:
BEAUTIFUL! You're very lucky to receive such a healthy, smooth, and pretty rad. :)
I'm jealous :p

Well I hope she's healthy at the rate she's eating now which is not much. Will keep updating. however no more teary eyes, nose is clear dry also. She's just got to start eating properly.

LadyGreek

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, California
She is beautiful!!! Thank goodness you got her so she can have a healthy new life! Keep us updated on her progress. Thanks for sharing her!:)

Kendra*

Status
Not open for further replies.