New red foot tortoise

LadyKraken

I adopted this red foot tortoise it came in a plastic tub with sphagnum moss this is my 5th day with her, I wanted to know from the pics is she has piramyding ? Also I was heading later for home depot to get some stuff I was planning to put orchid bark and moss inside the hide just half the tub and the other half moisten sphagnum moss for the basking area?(I live in Puerto Rico a tropical climate island) Is this alright? Also what brand of calcium and supplements do you buy for your torts in Petsmart or Petco? Or any recommendation I can buy from ebay?

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Yes, there's a bit of pyramiding, but she's an awfully pretty tortoise! Read about RF tortoises at the Tortoise Library

TerrapinStation

Detroit, Michigan
Hello, Congrats & Welcome

Looks like very very mild pyramiding. Otherwise very healthy (color, eyes, active etc)

I would say a much bigger (maybe outdoor?) enclosure is in order. Check out some of the styles on here.

If you need to buy supplements or anything else, check the Forum Sponsor section.

What part of Puerto Rico are you in? I have family in Dorrado Beach area, was down there last Christmas.

Making me hungry for Mofungo, skirt steak chimichurrie and blood sausage!!!!!!

LadyKraken

Hello, Congrats & Welcome

Looks like very very mild pyramiding. Otherwise very healthy (color, eyes, active etc)

I would say a much bigger (maybe outdoor?) enclosure is in order. Check out some of the styles on here.

If you need to buy supplements or anything else, check the Forum Sponsor section.

What part of Puerto Rico are you in? I have family in Dorrado Beach area, was down there last Christmas.

Making me hungry for Mofungo, skirt steak chimichurrie and blood sausage!!!!!!

Aww ty yes Im in love with her, her name is Tifa ... I want to stop that piramyding as fast as I can I posted the dimensions of the tub and a pic of the enclosure I just put the enclosure on my balcony so she gets sun and at night I just put her in my room.

Im from the San Juan area Im glad you like our food you should come down for this christmas. :)

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum.:tort:

What a cute little tort!

It seems that you live in a very dry country. Take care....that dry weather/climate can be nasty.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Welcome.
Until you get everything just right, make sure that on your balcony, she/he can get out of the sun, too. (Shade)
Most R/F will stay in the shade when it gets hot.
Also make sure that water is available.

LadyKraken

A very warm welcome to the forum.:tort:

What a cute little tort!

It seems that you live in a very dry country. Take care....that dry weather/climate can be nasty.
I live in a tropical climate usually is 75-85 degrees I cover half of the tub so she gets a shade area

LadyKraken

Hi! Nice to find a red foot's owner from Puerto Rico. I live in Dorado and I'm a owner of two Red Foots. Nice to meet you! View attachment 168897
Hi nice to meet you as well tus tortugas estan bien bonitas espero que la mia crezca y se ponga como la tuya me encantaron q dieta le das yo le doy mazuri, lechuga , mango, uvas, alfafa etc

omarnegron

Puerto Rico, USA
Hi nice to meet you as well tus tortugas estan bien bonitas espero que la mia crezca y se ponga como la tuya me encantaron q dieta le das yo le doy mazuri, lechuga , mango, uvas, alfafa etc
Las frutas que les doy son fresas, guineo, papaya y manzana. También les doy lechuga romana, hierbas que crecen en mi patio, amapolas y hojas de una enredadera de parcha que tengo también en mi patio (son adictas a estas hojas de parcha). He tratado de darles los pellets para tortugas de Zoo-Med pero no se lo comen. Voy a intentar con Mazuri. ¿Dónde lo compras? ¿Internet?

Estas son algunas fotos de donde viven en mi patio:
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1459367648.145996.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1459367700.216597.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1459367722.305157.jpg