new rescue baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Two nights ago I took in another rescue dragon. He is soooo tiny and has faced a really hard life so far!!! He's about 6 months old but the size of a 2 month old... I had him to the vet yesterday morning and he's on a specialized diet because he's not been eating (although I got him to eat seven crickets last night!), meds, extra soaks... the works! But he's a fighter and sooo fiesty, he bit the vet! LOL! His bitey-ness makes it really easy to get his meds and special food in him, though!

Oh I was told that he had an infection when he was a baby so his back leg was amputated. It actually looks (to the vet) like he was living in filth for a long time due to all the scarring along his sides and tummy.

Poor guy, I could cry for him! It'll be some work but I'm hoping he'll forget about his bad life before!!!

Here's a pic of him (I call him Tre):
100_5647.jpg

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Kelly
Congrats on your new addition.
That is really nice of you to take care of the little Tre. He is lucky he crossed your path.
Keep us updates please :)

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I wish you good luck with him! He looks like he's got some spunkiness to him.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Well Kelly, if anyone could help this poor guy out it's you. I really hate seeing abuse like this. Poor baby..good luck with him.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Thanks!

Well I'm giving him meds/supplements twice daily, twice daily soaks, and force feeding crickets. It's pretty easy because when he sees me, he opens his mouth in an aggressive way like "come to close and you're dead meat!" and then I can just slip stuff into his mouth! Here's is "DIE SCUM" look!

100_5701.jpg

100_5702.jpg

It was actually pretty funny because after three different meds/supplements and three crickets that I popped into his mouth, he caught on and decided that he wasn't going to open his mouth at me... but he's still kinda wiggle his lips like he wanted to be threatening but knew he didn't want to open his mouth!
100_5704.jpg

Well hopefully in time he'll settle down a bit and realize I'm not going to hurt him!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Kelly, He is a cute little one that's for sure. And I love your narrations of the pics, you hit the nail on the head. I'm sure in your loving home he will come to know you mean him no harm and will warm up to you. :)

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Sadly the little man is going down hill, no matter what I am doing for him. He's got an infection spreading throughout his body, he's on strong anti-biotics but if they don't clear it up, then there's not much left to do for him. :(

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Sorry to hear your new little one is not doing well Kelly. My good thoughts are sent your way.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I could tell late this afternoon that Tre was doing worse. Gave him a soak and he couldn't even hold his head out of the water, or control his body enough to get his feet down on the bottom of the water dish.

He passed this evening.

:( But I am glad his pain didn't linger any longer, and that I was able to do what I could for him in his last days.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I am really sorry Kelly :(. He was a lucky that you found him and tried everything you could do to save him. My thoughts are with you.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kelly so sorry, but yes your correct at least if was fast. I know I fell for him after seeing the post with the three mouth shots, I know how much more he was touching your heart. Just wish all endings could be happy ones. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.