New RF Tortoise owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thejoie

Hello everyone!!
After about 2 years of talking about it..... and making a lot of changes (buying a house!)- my boyfriend and I finally decided to get a redfoot tortoise! We were at the NARBC in Tinley Park today and found a GORGEOUS cherry headed hatchling.
He's pretty teeny but I watched him eat greens and he was very active and brave and he came home!! We call him LittleFoot!! I am very excited to find this forum as I'm SURE it'll help figure things along the way.
He's been home for about 6 hours... and my boyfriend and I are in love. Little guy hasn't found his hide yet, but he's explored his tank, eaten some endive and dandelion and buried himself in his moss :)
We keep checking on him to make sure the temperature is ok in his cage, he's happy, alive, etc... we might be bordering on obsessed.

Attachments

• IMG_5242.JPG
    IMG_5242.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 66

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
Ahh! I was there today too! I actually HELD him! I was SOOOOOOOOOOO close to getting him! (was it the cherry with the REALLY red head?) I actually have a picture of me holding him!

Check out this thread, I posted pictures of the Torts from Tinley today---I am realllly curious if I actually got to hold the baby you went home with! Welcome to the forum, btw, you will learn lots here, and your little one will be healthy and happy for many years to come!

http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-9706.html

T

thejoie

Meg!!! YES YES YES!!! That's LittleFoot!!!

He was the best looking cherry head at the entire convention!!
I can't believe someone on the forum was actually there! That's awesome! He's settling in well (IMO... lol). It's cute because my boyfriend can't stop checking on him! He's our first tortoise... we're anxious new parents!

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Ahh! I'm happy you're here! I REALLY wanted that baby! Congrats! Keep us updated!

T

thejoie

It must have been fate that I made it here then :)

We were contemplating getting some frogs and a terrarium but then we saw this little guy and that was it!!

Traveller

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Congrats on your new redfoot.
Ah yes let the obsession begin lol.
You will love these little guys very personable.
He, she is definitely adorable looking!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Littlefoot is definitely a looker. How exciting for you to have your first new baby. Hatchlings always look so fragile to me, I think I'd be afraid to handle one!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
A little Cherry!! He's adorable. I remember when Pio was that little...2 whole years ago. Ahhh...time flies!

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Welcome to the obsession!... er, I mean 'hobby'!

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
He/she is adorable! Congratulations!! (I think we're all a little obsessed so welcome to the club!)

fishtanker

5 Year Member
That is a real stunner you got there. If you don't mind me asking, what does a hatchling cherry head go for these days?

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I almost snapped that little beauty up myself because the price was so nice. At NARBC, those Cherries were $100, and I saw RFs as low as 80-85$

T

thejoie

Meg90 said:
I almost snapped that little beauty up myself because the price was so nice. At NARBC, those Cherries were $100, and I saw RFs as low as 80-85$

It's definitely come down a LOT in the last year! It seems they were MUCH more expensive last year! I remember the RF's being 125-150 and the Cherry heads 150-200!!

Neohippy

5 Year Member
Red Deer, AB
Hehe, american pricing. You're lucky to find a RF for as low as $275 here in Canada. Maybe cheaper over in Ontarioville, but not by much.

Status
Not open for further replies.