New Russian owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgads

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northeast USA
Hi, my name is Stacey. My family is home to a new RT named Brutus. This site has been very informative and I can't wait to learn more about raising Brutus.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
*waves* Hi!! Is this your first ever tortoise? How did you happen to decide on Brutus?

sgads

5 Year Member
Northeast USA
Hi everyone. We went into the pet store just to visit and there was a 23 year old Sulcata. My daughter fell in love with him. We thought about it for a couple weeks and decided a Russian would be a nice fit for us size wise and he is very managable for my little girl. We are very excited to have him.

Chelle1101

5 Year Member
Westville, NJ
sgads said:
Hi everyone. We went into the pet store just to visit and there was a 23 year old Sulcata. My daughter fell in love with him. We thought about it for a couple weeks and decided a Russian would be a nice fit for us size wise and he is very managable for my little girl. We are very excited to have him.

Hi Stacey!
Welcome to forum & congrats on the new addition!!

safari_lass1

5 Year Member
SW Tn
You are going to love it here!!! I just joined not too long ago and already feel so comfortable. Be sure to read read read!! May I ask how old your daughter is?

I only ask because although I do not have any children myself, I have plenty of 4-13 year olds close by that love to see what I have in. I take the opportunity to teach the kids about native habitat, how to check the weather in the "homeland," natural behavior (why they need hides, basking lights, water bowls etc). It is amazing how much more they get attached and want to provide the best home possible and pay close attention to habits so they can tell when an animal does not seem normal.

Each week the kids do a project related to an animal that I have. For the little ones it is usually coloring a picture and for the older ones it is sometimes a small research paper about a habit they find interesting.

Sorry to ramble, just get excited about kids and animals . . . And trying to keep them from getting bored and wanting something else.

Kindest regards,

Mallory

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Welcome to TFO. Russians are a great first tort! 15 years later and I still have mine and love them to pieces!

Status
Not open for further replies.